Officials at SPRING Technologies, vendor of solutions that optimize the use of complex NC machines, announce the worldwide launch of the brand new version of NCSIMUL Machine 9, its flagship software for machine simulation, taking the user experience of NC simulation to even higher ground. More realistic, more integrated, and smarter, SPRING’s NCEXPERIENCE will set the benchmark for smart machining, a milestone on the road to a production environment in which manufacturers will be able to achieve perfect real-time synchronization of their physical and virtual machining cycles.
With NCSIMUL Machine 9, customers will be stepping into an NC simulation environment that is more realistic, intuitive, integrated, and hands-on, with extended functionalities dedicated to multitask and multi-axis machining centers.
NCSIMUL Machine 9 has been developed to interconnect with other software packages that are a vital part of the production panoply, notably MRP (Material Resource Planning) and MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems).
THE MAIN INNOVATIONS IN NCSIMUL MACHINE 9
Optimal use of new standards for ergonomics and hardware capability = realistic, ultra-mobile 3D simulation.
1. Simplified ergonomics – for faster, more democratic access to NC simulation.
2. Enhanced user experience – for faster adoption and more robust interaction with the NC machine.
3. Enhanced performance – equals more productivity.
4. New options – making generative, dynamic NC programming even more interactive.
5. Tighter integration – for a leaner digital process (integrated tool libraries and cutting conditions, new CAM
1. STREAMLINED ERGONOMICS. SPRING Technologies is a Microsoft-certified Gold partner. NCSIMUL Machine 9 is the result of a close partnership between Microsoft, Intel and SPRING, with major ergonomic enhancements embodied in the user interface:
a. The interface, based on ribbon technology navigation, enables users to work more efficiently. Tasks are now accessed via tabs, each of which has groups that break down into tasks and sub-tasks. The control buttons in each group execute a command or display a command menu. Implemented on touch screens, ribbon navigation greatly facilitates ultra-mobility.
b. All windows can be customized and masked dynamically.
c. More intuitive, context-sensitive icons. A rapid access bar for greater productivity.
2. ENHANCED USER EXPERIENCE with enriched 3D view:
a. Flexible project management – project-based job management, tree organization, project/article/sub-article, jobs copied between projects, simplified search mechanism, job templates, and more.
b. In Windows 8 pro, a “tile” type application can be used to group jobs around ?hubs“, bringing together all the available jobs and facilitating one-click access.
3. FOURFOLD PERFORMANCE BENEFIT can be achieved for increased productivity and more NCSIMUL Machine 9 user comfort, the result of a partnership and Intel - SOFTWARE Partner certification:
a. The solution makes full use of Intel’s multi-core processors and multithreading. Collision detection and material removal calculations are performed simultaneously.
b. Algorithms have been revised and optimized to support ISO decoding, probing, material removal with tools in 3D, optimized cutting conditions, etc.
c. +200 enhancements requested by customers have been implemented in NCSIMUL Machine 9.
4. NEW OPTIONS:
a. MDI features for assisted, automated program editing.
b. 3D dimensioning – specifically dedicated to sub-contractors. With this option 3D dimensions can be added to work pieces to create a document describing the list of dimensions that need checking at each machining stage. A step forward towards the paperless workshop.
5. REINFORCED INTEGRATION as a result of strong partnerships developed by SPRING Technologies with the leading CAM players and NC machine makers.